View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #507
Steveo.
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
I'm looking for a way to carry water, tools and a few odds and end on the dirt bike. Which would you suggest as my best option?

I need to carry 2 liters of water, snacks and some tools all the time on my KTM 250XC while out riding single track. I'll also be doing some hare scrambles and XC racing as well. May want to carry a windbreaker some days too. Other days I'm riding the same bike with my girls on their CRF50 and CRF70's and will carry all I had before, plus some extra stuff for first aid, clothing and snacks for 3. They carry their own water.

Since I can't see the Kriega stuff in person and it's tough to judge capacity from photos, I'd like to hear some opinoins.

Will the Hydra-3 fit a few tools, pump and can of slime or would I need the US5 strapped to it?

How about getting the R15 with bladder to fit all of it? Too big for racing? I have an R25 but it's too pretty (and big) to wear in the mud.

Maybe hard mount a US5 to the bike for the stuff that I would always carry and then add a 5 to the Hydra pack when I've got my girls out with me?

All opinions/options are appreciated. Thanks. ....Steve