View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #5814
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I've tried getting into Planetside 2, but the learning curve is pretty steep and I lost interest.

I've heard that. I took half an hour while the game was loading to watch all the Basic Training videos on YouTube and had a pretty good idea as to what was going on. Jumped into a squad and it was pretty much just a matter of following waypoints and orders. It still took a while to figure out what all the little icons are and how to find my way around the bases but that just came with time.

The game is all about leadership. If you don't have a good command structure it quickly devolves into a free-for-all. If you have a good platoon leader and squad leaders you can dominate the game pretty quickly. The things they taught me in the Army apply to this game. Shoot, move, communicate. The outfit I joined, Corporate Legion, runs some pretty good platoons, as long as the platoon leader and squad leaders are talking, things go pretty good in the game.

I'd give it another look if I were you. If you like team-based MMOs, I can't think of a better game out in the market, there's simply nothing like it. it makes other multiplayer FPSes look shallow in comparison. Look at the screencap that YakSpout posted, 6 Galaxy drop ships in there with 12 players in each. That's 72 players right there, Battlefield 3 would blow itself up trying to comprehend the scale of Planetside 2. Though at the end of the day it's still just a bunch of guys on the ground shooting each other for reasons unknown and bases/lands that exchange hands every half hour (that reminds me of something... ).
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote