View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #7365
JustBob
Uh...who me?

Oddometer: 716
Thumb

The BMW's I've had over the years have grown in electronic complexity greatly. Same thing as the Ducati's. My Multistrada is one complex piece of two wheels. Learning the switch gear language is like learning switchology in an F-16....you're playing a piccolo. The latest BMW's have all had FI that seems to work quite well. I personally have had no issues in the last 10 bikes and maybe 250,000 miles. Of course what I haven't done is dip them in mud as Seth relates. I use them, however. And I know the difference between use and abuse so I suspect I will get along just fine with my '10 690ER.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860069
Anyway, I should finally have it next week. It will be in competition with my F8GS as an adventure bike. And by that I mean, a bike I can get lost in the mountains on 2000 miles from home and expect not to be bear food. So, all the better dirt attributes of the KTM will have to be matched by dead nuts reliability when I go on my annual adventure ride or it will end up just being an expensive stay near home DRZ. We shall see. Good to read all the experiences and fixes folks have had though.
'11 WR250R
'88 R100RS
JustBob is offline   Reply With Quote