View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #15926
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulley View Post
Two questions: 800 XC

1. What grade fuel are you guys using? I'm in Ga, not high altitude.

2. (warning dumb question ahead) Does anyone here use their Tiger 800 as an every day vehicle?

I'm planning on an 800 XC this spring but with the recent price in fuel has me thinking about the purchase much sooner. I drive about 22k per year and I could really save some money on fuel using the Tiger as opposed to my 4runner. I'm no stranger to riding in adverse weather and I'm sure with the proper gear, cold/rain isnt much of a problem. I will need to buy all new gear as I have not owned a street bike in about 7yrs.

What say you?
Not to put a damper on your thinking but if you think you'll save money riding your bike, I think you're dreaming, a little. Any savings in gas gets eaten up pretty quick in tires and chain/sprockets. Also, unless you sell your truck, you probably still have it insured.

The *only* way to save money riding your bike, is if you can ride year round, and your bike is your *only* vehicle. That's my 2 cents, from someone who tried it.

I just ride as much as I can now and don't think about gas etc. I'm going to ride whatever the bloody price of gas is. If you think gas is expensive, just go ride in Europe for awhile.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote