View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,986
Sounds good so far. And since she is liking a bike you already have, that's a good thing. But just a cautionary note on the opposite side of the discussion..... My GF has a high school classmate thay lives just a few blocks away. (We're talking class of '71.) She jumps into hobbies with both feet, and when she got the itch to ride she started with a HD Sportster after taking the classes etc. She felt she was having trouble keeping up with hubby and friends on their 'Glides and Softtails on long all day rides. So she did the logical thing and traded up to a V-Rod. Then her husband did the same becasue he liked her bike. After a while, she lost enthusiasm for riding and took off on another hobby, sold the bike, and I thing the husband has traded back to a more classic style Harley. The point of this anecdote is that its worth trying. But if and when it doesn't work any more, don't be afraid to step back and rethink what will make everybody happiest.

Other than that I say go for it. Hopefully folks will chime in with ideas for good bikes for you to pursue for yourself.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote