View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #537
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 34,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
I have not. I love the D700 but I'm in a dilemma. The 700 is covered under the Best Buy Black Tie extended warranty, the SB900 is not though I did buy it from them. The SB was flashing erratically, sometimes on it's own, sometimes it wouldn't fire. Assuming it was the speedlight I sent it in to Nikon, they replaced a bunch of stuff and charged me about $125 and deemed it ready to rock. Got it back and it's still doing it. I send in the D700 to Best Buy, they replaced the flash board, clean and shine, update software blah blah blah, and send it back.

IT's still doing it. I'm going to send both items into Best Buy and tell them when I get it back, if they still do it I want the camera replaced. They did that with the D40 and the D300 enabling me to buy up each time. A little whining might get me my full purchase price back and I get approx $2800 store credit for Best Buy then I'd get a D4.

I just googled the 7100 it's a $1200 DX camera I want to move up not down. Not meaning to sound like a camera snob but the better camera's cost more for a reason, reason is they are a better product. The D700 seems kind of slow on FPS @ 4 while the D4 @10 seems like you are armed for big game. I really don't want a D800 I want a D4 but would need Best Buy to replace the 700 which they just might if the camera/flash comes back again. Heck they might do it now they replaced my 300 when it came back from service and one thing that it went in for wasn't addressed and I whined a little and they immediately said, we'll replace the camera.
Oh nice, I thought you were looking at the D800.....the D4 is another story, and good luck with best buy.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote