Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #2219
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Jockey View Post
Here is a pretty sweet Sportster that has been converted to dual sport:
http://cyclesource.com/newsblog/2013...r-of-stilettos

Awesome XL based scrambler! I'd want a little more seat padding, and perhaps a little lower bars. And I'd want to do a chain conversion to make it a little more gravel road friendly, but other than that, it's looks just about right.

I've been "planning" my next project and I'm torn between a scrambler, a street tracker, or perhaps something with more of a CR flavor. Been collecting a ton of pics of various custom built Sportsters for inspiration... just need the money to buy another bike, and the time to start putting something together... The CR bike craze is going strong, and the STer's have been around for a long time, so the Scrambler might be a little more unique, and it opens up a whole 'nother realm of riding...

Of course that has to wait until the 48 is "finished".

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy

Randy screwed with this post 02-23-2013 at 05:05 PM
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote