View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #538
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 35,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpressCS View Post
Okay I'll play. I'm still a novice, I suppose, but I love shooting sunsets..

Critique away. I don't photoshop my photos unless I have to, so most of my stuff is directly off the camera.
Right now the top is mostly negative space being that solid color and since the real interesting parts are the color gradation and the mountains I'd zoom in on them. In your browser look at the the photo as it is now, then scroll down so you cut off everything until you get to the solid yellow. Doing that for me made it look a lot stronger.

With the mountains there is also a good bit of negative space on either side, here you can leave a little bit to still show the complete chain of them....or crop closer inside the mountains. Either way works and I think really makes the image pop a lot more.

Also with photoshop I'd bring any image in even if for a few seconds and play with curves. Being able to make a dark area black, or bring out the mid tones or highlights can really help.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote