View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 04:14 AM   #1734
kirkster70 OP
moto junkie

Oddometer: 1,905
Movin' on up with Weezy again.

Upgrading a tube die for the JD2 Model 32 bender. 5/8" DOM x 2.25" radius die on the left. 5/8" DOM x 3.0" radius die on the right. The difference? The 3" radius die has drive holes to engage the ram for hydraulics, and is the tightest radius that still has the drive holes. My man Mike Shaner from mtech sales did me right by honoring the credit he gave me from the trouble I had with the blocked D03 valve on the hydraulic pump. Much thanks, Mike!

I finally get to use the hydraulic upgrade. Using a push button sure beats dragging my welding table across the garage floor.

I run a scrap piece through to make sure everything works like it should. It takes some coordination, but I eventually figure out the pattern of what to do. I discover that I need to bend to 98 degrees to allow for springback for a true 90 when removed from the die. I also need a 20A plug in the old garage! The hydraulic pump has such an inrush that 15A circuits get scared and shut down. I have to temporarily run a cord from a 20A in the new garage. Adapt and overcome.

...and more movin' on up...

This is something I've needed for some time. Looks like I need a second one. In the past, I've used welding jackets to cover everything up...

Seat removed, battery negative disconnected.

Hoops fabbed for a very nice F800GS. Now to connect them to the bike...

I start by fabbing some undertail mounts out of 1 1/2" x 3/16" flat bar. They thread into existing threaded inserts.

kirkster70 screwed with this post 02-24-2013 at 04:21 AM
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote