View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #69
zora
the explora

Oddometer: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by russbryant View Post
Ended up having to get some of the hardware removed because I was not getting any range of motion back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhead View Post
Surgeon says maybe go back in after the 12 months and do a bit of clean up.

These are not things I wanted to hear.

Hope it is okay I keep carrying on about this, on this thread. Although tons of the boys I ride with have bionic parts too, no one has had this injury, so it is really nice to be able to talk to some people who have been in the same boat so I can get more info.

I have faith in how my surgeon went about this, I walked around for ten long days after the accident with the bones dangling and smashing into each other in there just so I could have him do the surgery because I had heard such wonderful things about him. Last time I saw him, he was a little surprised that I have such little motion and said he could maybe go back in and "loosen things up a bit", but I had no idea what he meant. I never even thought of having to get some of this stuff ripped back out. I see him in a few weeks and am going to inquire about that. Of course that is the last thing I want to have to go through, but it sure sounds like it helped you a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russbryant View Post
Remember just because you can ride doesn't mean you should ride until you are fully healed. Going down on the arm again would be really bad news.
What I read... "blah blah blah".

No. Seriously though. Thanks for all of your input. Really.