Thread: R1100GS hack???
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #13
twintwin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffygs View Post
I dont mind the alterations as hacking is my future. I know a new clutch is required, I thought ceramic to prevent wear! any thoughts. as far as the final drive, the only thing wrong with my gs is 1st gear is tall, and I want to keep some of the ability to cruise at 65 and keep some mpg( I like colorado and its 500 miles away). As they say everything you do with a hack will be a compromise and I know, I will have to compromise.
I have 10K miles with the sidecar on and my original clutch (46K miles total) and no slipping yet, so still good to go, but I try to get it easy and I have a 37/11 FD. I do not have any feedback on the ceramic clutch. I have tried a GS rig with one, but the "on off" mode is a lttle bit surprising, and I'm sure you can get use it to it. The front end mod will be also on your "need to do" list, car rim tire on the back will follow soon :-)
Building a rig to your feelings and tastes could be a long project, but I have enjoyed all the different brainstorming and building steps. The better proof is I'm in the process to build (with the help of Claude) a new rig based on a R1150GSA and a EZS L.L. BTW the 1150 has the same "issues" as the 1100, and the fun is just begining all over again.
twintwin is offline   Reply With Quote