View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
Nihon Newbie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidji View Post
Why would anyone who feels that way hang out on advrider?

I'm glad you found a bike you like--and it looks nice. But I wonder what draws you to an adventure riding site. Not criticizing. Just curious.
Good question. I've been a lurker for a long time, and am fascinated by adventure biking. I mainly joined to post in the Battle Scooters forum, where I started a very in-depth wrenching thread for a 1987 150cc Honda I was doing a mechanical restoration on, and now in the bicycle-related threads too, as I'm a cyclist also.

For now, I'm mostly interested in owning sport bikes. There are useful sub-forums here, not at all related to adventure riding, so I posted this thread here, in case anyone had input. I'm not a squid, just sharing in the most relevant sub-forums. As for the dislike of rain and wet conditions, the short answer is that I like sport bikes to be spotless whenever possible. Sure, when I'm in the middle of a trackday, or a 600 mile day-trip, there are bugs and dust, but I never ride in the rain.

If I ever own the 800GS I want, I'll gladly ride it in whatever conditions I encounter on my dream tour through Alaska, but you can bet I'll be back to cleaning it up the minute I get home.
Nihon Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote