View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #147
rick3foxes OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
Rick,

While watching the great videos and reading this report, I see some funny coincidences. Back in 04, I did a solo trip to Banff, Jasper, Icefields Parkway, Hyder, Skagway, Anchorage. On the trip, I rode a Connie the same color as yours, although mine was an '87. At least in your pics the color looks the same, I believe the 03 is a brighter red. We share the same last name. And, I see that you are a fan of the ST1300. Guess what replaced the Connie? Yup, in 06 I bought an ST1300 and still have it. Want to know what bike you will want after that? :-)

I think it was good fortune that your bike mount didn't work out. The helmet mount made for better video and allowed you to pan the camera. From the shadows, it looks like it was mounted on the side of your helmet. Did it give you any problems with the weight on the side?

Again, great job. You brought back a lot of fond memories.
Thanks, Scrooge!
Wow - we have a lot in common!
So at last I know that there is an ST1300 in my future.
Now I just have to print this and show my wife.... "It's my DESTINY, honey!"

After that, I imagine a Gold Wing?
Maybe I could just skip the intermediate step....

The camera didn't cause any issues as long as I stayed on secondary roads.
At Interstate speeds, I could feel the pull on the side of my helmet.
I would have mounted it on top, but I have a flip-up helmet and it got in the way.
But when I bought the WiFi BacPac, I realized that was just too heavy with its extended rear door mounted.
So I sold the whole system a couple of weeks ago, and I'm looking at the Hero3 now.

IBA #34583
2003 Connie
"...I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Frost
rick3foxes is offline   Reply With Quote