well i finally got around to cutting the side out of a spare filter and seeing if it makes a difference.
after i cut out the triangle, i ran a bead of silastic around the cut edge to make a rounded profile to reduce turbulence.
this mod is worth doing along with 125 mains and richening up the needle.
with the jetting mods and stock filter there was a slight increase in performance but was still flat up top.
after the filter mod, this thing pulls hard all the way to 148k/ph and was still pulling hard but i was running out of road
this is a definite improvement. i thought the old girl might be getting a bit tired but after today i think she still goes allright
Rob, that yellow bike of yours must be impressive