View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #23
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Obviously I love cruisers, and have for over 30 years. You really can't go wrong with any of todays cruisers as far as reliability, the V-Star 650 has more power than the KLR. It's also a lot more comfortable.

I would stay in the 650-950 range, any bigger and your just adding more size and weight I'm almost 230, and I would have no problem riding a V-Star 650. I put 20,000 highway miles on a Honda Rebel 250. Don't get sucked into the size game.

The V-Star 650 fits me perfectly, it is a physically larger bike than a Sportster.
I like your style man! I am under 200 lbs with all the gear.
I think the Vstar has like 31 hp vs 33 from the KLR and the vstar weight more, about 80-100 lbs, right? and confort.. ok I have not riden the v-star but have seen many people enjoy it, and I really enjoy the KLR up to hour 10 then it gets to be too much, but after 10 hours on the bike, is there a bike that let's you ride better? and I am thinking being fit goes a lot longer than been a couch potato (like me)

Thanks for the info, I do appreciate it!

Wow a BMW for around $6K? that would be nice, but the seat would be an issue? would have to check.

I remember sitting on a 1800 vtx and it was not for me, to big, expensive and too heavy, it was wrong almost like a GSA...

Thanks

Damasovi