View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #474
Azmo
beginner

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadog View Post
Have any of you in warmer climates - i.e. more riding time - had the chance to add any accessories yet? I'm thinking rad guard, centre stand, maybe a skid plate and luggage. A Vicious Cycle has both Givi and Motech luggage/racks, Motech has a centre stand and skid plate. If you have, please comment on how you like the bits, fit, etc. Thanks. Spring will get here eventually.....
added a rad guard - totally must have if you are going even close to the small gravel on the roads - the radiator looks totally unprotected (shame on you, kawasaki!)

added Trax aluminium cases (2x45L) - these are using the quick-lock sw-motech base.

added vario screen by Givi as stock screen is a sucky windbreaker and also does not really catch all the bugs

also stock screen becomes crappy after 150km/h (who speeding? me? nooooooo )

2012-07-26 at 13-54-14 by azmotravel, on Flickr

also it is a nice idea to replace the brake and clutch levers with folding ones, as stock levers are very long and if your bike falls on any side, there's a 90% probability that your lever would break

also added heated grips (what kawasaki is offering) and they saved my hands several times - maybe i should also add handprotectors

generally i spent ~19000 km in 2012 on my Versys 1000 and i am totally happy with the bike

Azmo screwed with this post 02-26-2013 at 12:43 AM
Azmo is offline   Reply With Quote