View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:03 AM   #2
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,447
i gotta '06 SMR, which is the supermoto'd SX... i really like mine, have gone the other way, and just converted it to dirt, but i have all the sumo stuff too......

you gotta check the valve guides, make sure they're not bronze, cause' w/the titanium valves that i think it has(?), if they're bronze, it's probably already dead... if they're iron, it's the badazz, supposed to last forever..... pretty much a known problem.... they went to cast iron in '06, so unless it's a leftover motor, you should be good, but i'd definitely check anyway.... the ti valves are like MSRP $250 each.....

mine was street legal also, and i think it's the total shizzit....

i paid $4K for mine, like 4 years ago, but it had alotta bling on it, M4 header/can, steering damper, TT stator system, slipper clutch, pretty much set up sumo.... the slipper is nice on pavement, don't know if i like it in the dirt, probably nicer on the engine, though....

i get around 40 mpg on the street, but if you get it hooked up, that AC pump will squirt alot, and it goes down from there fast.....

all the squids will argue, but a cush drive on the rear end will seriously be nice on pavement, and be nice to the engine/drive train. it ain't that much money, and if you try them both, it'll be no question.......

those can be stupid fast bikes.... i really like mine.... after messin' w/some later KTM's, that later version of the RFS motor might be the best thing that KTM ever made..... they're still race motors, and they do require some maintenance/knowledge .... not a casual, aircooled honda thing....

davesupreme screwed with this post 02-27-2013 at 05:17 AM
davesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote