Thread: Hey Road Rash
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #11577
HellsAlien
a has-been that never-was

Oddometer: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
Age of riders and machines that finished ahead of you?....................I know you seem to take a great pleasure of spanking younger riders riding newer bikes
The guy that finished first is late 20's/early 30's on a late model Suzuki 400 moto, he's in good shape and rides all the time. He runs the llantera moto repair here. 2nd was a guy from BC on a late model Beta, early 30's, expert level rider.
3rd and down were a couple of teens and twenties fearless mex kids on watercooled 250's, perfect for the terrain.

The son of #1 rider (who rode in the 16 and under group) asked me how old I was. Me and his dad joked about that for a while. He translated to espanol "old enough to be your grandpa!" Suffice to say I was at least twice the age of all but one or two of the 20-odd moto racers.

And they only ran 3 laps, I ran 4 (16 miles)! I held up 4 lap markers at the awards meet. We all had a good laugh over that!

If I hadn't dropped a concrete block on my toe I'd ride with 'em again on Sunday; can't get bumping foot in boot.

"Bad roads, good people. Good roads, bad people." Mama Espinoza
“Ride first, tart second. Sorry bro but that’s the way it has to be.” Cbrit, 2008
“You gas it where I brake!” trackday passenger, Thunderhill, 2005
HellsAlien is offline   Reply With Quote