View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #10
KTM640Dakar OP
Motorsick

Oddometer: 2,053
Here is Bruno with his 950. Bruno is one helluva rider.

Joe on the DR. Probably the smartest of all of us for bringing a nice light bike.

Who dat in the distance?

Matt. My old friend and one of the best you can get. We use him to dispose of extra beer.

Desert art is facinating.

Who would go to so much trouble to assemble this?

You could see this oasis from miles away. It was a little dot of green life.

As we rode closer to the warm springs you could see naked people walking around and swimmimg in the springs. Too bad most people willing to do this are not very pretty. It was like looking in the mirror.

What's wrong with guns?

We park at the springs. I dont take pictures of the naked hippies. You are glad I didn't.

What are the chances that the guy in the blue shirt speaks Czech? He talks to Peter, Mark, and Radak in some Slavic language. They probably are discussing beer.

As we dismount to explore the spring and eat cold pizza we brought we are straffed by a low flying F16 that had been flying all over that day. It came over so fast and low that Bruno pooped his pants.

Here is what a natural hot spring looks like. This one was up the valley a bit further and was surrounded by fencing to keep the buros from eating all the lush greenery.

inside of the fencing Matt checks the spring out.

From this spring we head up the most gnarly two track of rocks and bolders we have had to ride though. Think of it like a riverbed with out the water. It takes some of us out and I had several near miss falls. There is bearly a line to follow and as we park you can see better the trail.

While we rest Andy has another conference call on his Satilight phone.

Aaron is looking at the jets that keep flying above us. We wait for another sneak attack.

Matt dumped it and catches up with us. It was a hard trail.

Our tax dollars at work. Money well spent.

It is not the destination, it's the journey.

KTM640Dakar screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 08:58 PM
KTM640Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote