View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #10
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc21 View Post
Well it isn't a pile of guys but I am taking a new Trials buddy out riding this weekend (weather permitting). And it sounds like he has a friend that would like to go as well but doesn't have a trials bike.

My wife will be out of town next weekend when his friend can make it so it sounds like I will be able to use her bike that weekend as a loaner bike if he can make it.

Wish me luck... I am sure it will be fine as long as I don't get the wifes bike broken.
Take if from a guy who's family has at nothing else, gave 100's of people their first ride on a trials bike.

1 Make sure bike is pointed away from anything solid or valuable. when they are standing up, they'll twist the throttle, Instantly it can go downhill from there.

90% of riders are used to 1, setting down, 2 high gear bikes that wont "throw them back" when they twist the throttle. so make dang sure they keep a finger on the clutch to save themselves, because they will "feel like they are falling backwards on first blip of throttle, which causes them to get even more throttle.

I privately bet myself how "out of control" the first "throttle blip" for anyone's first trials bike ride will be.... It is kind of fun, I think I'm 30 for 30.
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote