View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
_lee OP
Gnarly Adventurer
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Oddometer: 120
Updated information

Please note that the US Dept. of Transportation requires one of the following for import :

1) Vehicles be older than 25 years old

2) Vehicles UNDER 25 years old must have proof of EPA and DOT conformity in the form of authorized stickers or documents issued by a US state or the manufacturer.

3) Offroad or Racing vehicles must have a racing schedule or be a temporary import (1 yr)

4) Temporary Import -- 1 yr of touring for a vacation/race/etc.

5) US state TITLED bike returning to the US*
*note: If your bike is a US MADE MOTORCYCLE -- It does not mean it was made for the US market. Therefore it will require the EPA and DOT conformity or a US title.

3,000 for the first source found
_lee is offline   Reply With Quote