Thread: XR650R Thread!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #16223
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintax View Post
I was wondering if any of you guys have had issues with your throttle cables getting pinched on your Scotts steering stabilizer? I use the oil filler mount style. I may have to play around with routing, but the cables are kinda short for too much rerouting.

I also run a TM40 carb, and use the cables that come with that carb setup, i think they are already +2 or something.
I had trouble with mine when I bought it last year, the throttle cables came up thru a rubber divider thingy that attaches to the Scotts mount and contacts the tank - there's an opening in between for the cables. But I had a lot of trouble with the throttle being "snatchy" from idle to the first 10% of throttle movement, made it hard to roll on the power from idle. I moved the cables to the left (out of the opening) and covered them with clear vinyl tubing to protect them from the Scott's. That helped a lot, then I bought a G2 throttle tube and it is much smoother. There is still a pull, but I can't help but think part of that is vacuum on the venturi / slide.

I have an aftermarket tank, although I don't know the brand. I'll do a pic this weekend.
PineyMountainRacing is online now   Reply With Quote