View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #13501
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
What exactly is an Obama phone?

I would like to know, since conventional wisdom seems to indicate it is a government funded cellular phone, used for no charge by welfare recipients for things like calling about jobs, arranging transportation, healthcare, schooling, child care, and the like.

However, every bath salted out, dirt floor hovel having, 1994 Neon driving, wife beating, baby making, Natty Light drinking, Sean John wearing, street brawling, gonorrhea passing, mother fucking drain on the US Treasury that I deal with is always busting out their I-Phone 5 to call their cousin for bond money... and they are always deriding someone else for having an Obama phone. So far, I have not actually met anyone who is a possessor of an Obama phone, or who will admit to it.

Now - I will say that my salary comes from taxes, and I spend $29.95 a month on a prepaid cellular, so logically tax dollars fund my cellular phone.... does that make my device an Obama phone? More interestingly, does that mean I'm big pimpin' on an Obama Tenere?

You seem to know, please, advise...?
Damn, someone needs to get to bed early tonight. For those that don't know my googlefu says:

The free Obama phone is a program designed to assist less fortunate Americans who cannot afford access to a cell phone. The Federal Lifeline program helps low income families have access to land lines and make emergency phone calls. If you or a member of your household receives government benefits or if you have an income of less than 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you automatically qualify for the Lifeline program.