View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 05:15 AM   #468
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthorpe View Post
I'm headed out to Silverton in July with some friends and I can't wait! We have XR's and this is my plea:

I can't seem to find any definitive intel on what our jetting should be for this trip. My worry is that our bikes; which our tuned well for Ga elevation, will bog down and really spoil another otherwise fantastic trip. Can anyone point me to a jetting guide for 10k elevation? I'd really like to do it all before I get there, trial and error isn't my cup of tea...
I've used and really like JD Jetting. They will have everything you need for any elevation you will encounter. Very easy, just follow the instructions. Last year I took three bikes to CO and like a dummy ran off with out my jet kit. I had JD Jetting send a kit to Leadville PO.

Installed my jets camping at Turquoise Lake near Leadville (good place to camp). Then rode a great loop to Aspen, Pearl Pass, single track on the other side back to Aspen, hard top to Basalt and back over Hagerman pass to camp. Bike ran like a top. Here is a pic in the Silverton area for you to dream on.

Greenflyfarmer screwed with this post 03-02-2013 at 05:24 AM
Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote