View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #109
toplessFC3Sman OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Got a little bit done this weekend - received the O2 bungs to weld onto the exhaust, got the new handlebars wired, connected & bolted on, and started putting things back together a little. Notably, the Megasquirt engine controller is installed & I got the firmware loaded onto it and began setting up the inputs. The battery I had for the bike was completely dead & wouldn't hold a charge, so I couldn't crank it over with the starter. However, kicking it over with the MS on and datalogging, it was reading about 600 RPM - this seems a little high for kick-starting, but at the very least I am getting signal from the cam position sensor. Picked up a new battery earlier today which I'll be charging to try again with the starter, and hopefully I'll have more of the sensors wired up to conduct a more thorough test.

At this point, the biggest mechanical tasks to be done are fixing a couple of tiny leaks around the new fittings on the tank that will need another weld bead drawn over them, re-sealing the tank, a little touch-up on the throttle cable mounts, and the O2 sensor bungs to be welded to the exhaust, plus a tiny bit of wiring and wrapping up the harness.

Electrically there's a bit more testing thats involved, and then of course the tuning, but for that to start, the bike needs to make its way out of hibernation in the basement

toplessFC3Sman is offline   Reply With Quote