View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #6061
babarnette
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
A bunch of us from ADV meet for breakfast every Saturday morning. 2 weeks ago the waitress said, "What kind of bikes are those, those aren't normal bikes." Last week it was 22F with fine snow falling, the same waitress asked if it was possible to ride in weather this cold. So I pulled out my phone and showed her pictures of me riding on ice roads in Alaska this past november at much colder temps.

This next story is very slightly embellished:

I got a new Wolfman Expedition Dry Duffel bag for my birthday in Feb. I decided to test it out the next day during a thunderstorm. I decided to swing by McDonalds to pick up supper before going home. After I ordered my food (to go with a drink) I was standing in the lobby with my rain gear dripping on the floor and a guy walks up to me sporting a white dress shirt, dark slacks, and a grey sweater vest with a Harley Davidson logo embroidered on it. He asked me if I was riding a bike in this weather and I said yes. He then explains that he is a Harley rider and he would never dream of riding in weather like this. He then says "You must be a real biker", looks out the window at my Honda XR650L and continues, "what is that a BMW?" I said no and that I was a starving artist and couldn't afford one it's a Honda. When he left I noticed the tag on his Mercedes said "POSER".
babarnette is offline   Reply With Quote