View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #72
junglemototours
trailplug

Oddometer: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp View Post
DAY 4 the Osa Peninsula to Jaco

while i was having breakfast i showed my map to 3 different people that were working at Rancho Corcovado. I asked them all "does this road exist?" One of them (the cook) didn't know where the road was, one thought he had heard of the road but it was only for backpackers (a hiking trail), the third (the manager) knew of the road but it was only passable with an ATV.... whats funny is that
I used this road to get to Rancho Corcovado & I was going to use the same road to leave corcovado. it is 1 of the 2 roads that Access Corcovado ! Jeez !

so, as always, its better to trust your instincts.

V I D E O

i stopped to get gas from a quicky mart . check out the load the other moto - guy is strapping to his bike

Lots of these kind of Palms around here. I think they are farmed for their fronds.

when i arrived in Jaco i rode around the town for a little while. fuck me what a shit-hole of a place. .

the main reason i stayed here is because i could ride up the coast to Puntarenas to catch the ferry to Paquera (Peninsula de Nicoya) which departs at 9:00.

Never trust directions from a local, we have gotten alot of laughs from this. Maybe they've never left their area? I think I know more of Costa Rica than alot of ticos now.
What was in the box? a moto fridge? Classic. I'm sure you saw the whole family on a bike with their weeks worth of shopping too....
I know this spot with the palms, just up the carretera from my place! Good trails close by, have to cable the bikes across the Sierpe. They grow those for palm oil, you smelt the factories....
I'll send you some colones for a dvd, I don't do gps but have some questions about the Bibri route.....
junglemototours is offline   Reply With Quote