View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #10
sealsam OP
Sam...I am.

Oddometer: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
Our hosts had us take chairs to the left side of the 16th green, and leave them there while we took a lap around the entire course backwards.
Unlike any sporting event anywhere, and just as our hosts assured us, our chairs were right where we left and empty after the hour plus we wandered.
From that spot you can see the 15th green, 16th hole, 17th tee box, and the scoreboard across the par 3(number 6?) behind you.

I'll go again for sure.
Great spot.

Since I was a youngin', I had always heard about the "Roars" of Augusta. Well, Mrs Samthg & I had been hanging around the Clubhouse and practice green, which is probably the top of the property, when all of the sudden we hear a gigantic and lengthy ROAR. This was coming from the bottom of the property, which is 16. So I asked one of the green jackets 'what was that'? Now remember this is just a Monday practice round. The green jacket told us you should get down to 16.

So off we go, only to find a competition between caddies on the 16th. They are on the tee skipping balls of the pond on to the green for a closest to the pin game. There was some greenbacks being exchanged. We had a great time watching this!
sealsam is offline   Reply With Quote