View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #599
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 697
JimmyTheHog,

Suspension question- What spring rate did you had on the first shocks made by YSS (I think?) and what spring rate is on your Works' Piggyback?

I got a good deal on HD 1200S piggyback shocks that is 13.5" long. It has a 51 lb/in which most likely is way too soft for me and the load but I am most likely going to look for used 1200C (Part # 54668-04) and replace the 1200S spring with 1200C spring because it has about ~130 lb/in spring rate and I will add some shim (spacer) so it won't be too short for the 1200S length. It would be a cheaper modification that may be equal or better vs the price of Works shocks. This is a trick that two guys who own Sportster came up as a solution to make sportster a comfortable riding bike after investing $4,000-6,000 into many different rear shocks from companies like Progressive, Works, Penske, etc.

So I hope you don't mind me asking you the spring rate you had on first suspension and currently suspension. I am gonna ask John on his Ohlins few days later if he doesn't reply on this thread.

Thanks!

WhicheverAnyWayCan screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 03:54 PM Reason: spelling
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote