03-06-2013, 12:03 AM
master of disaster....
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: nuevo mexico
shameless thread hijack to promote the NMTA/NMOHVA Sipapu Shindig slated for May 31-June 2 at Sipapu----
First Annual NMTA/NMOHVA Sipapu Shindig 2013
First Annual NMTA/NMOHVA Sipapu Shindig
When : Friday May 31st-Sunday June 2nd, 2013
Where : Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort
5224 New Mexico 518
Vadito, NM 87579
Phone (800) 587-2240
The New Mexico Trials Association (NMTA), and the New Mexico Off-Highway Vehicle Alliance (NMOHVA) are proud to co-sponsor this observed trials event/dual-sport motorcycle rally in Sipapu, NM.
Here’s a taste of what you can expect during this 3-day event :
· Friday and Saturday will feature a variety of dual sport, single-track, and road riding options through the mountains of Northern New Mexico. All riding off of ski resort property is strictly "no fee", and at the event participant's discretion. Maps of suggested routes will be provided and we anticipate plenty of people who would be willing to let others follow them as they explore the beautiful and varied scenery around Sipapu, Taos, Angel Fire and surrounding areas.
· All road riding requires a legal, plated bike. Trails system riding requires a valid NM OHV sticker or sticker from a reciprical state. The NMTA event is being held on private land (the ski resort) so no stickers are required.
- 2 great days of dual-sport motorcycle riding in the beautiful Carson National Forest near Taos, New Mexico-(Friday-Saturday)
· Saturday and Sunday will feature two rounds of NMTA-hosted observed trials. Both "halves" of the event are headquartered out of the beautiful Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort. Bring several bikes and do it all! Your first competition event with NMTA is free and they encourage all to participate. (must have an AMA license to participate in NMTA event)
· Free admission to spectate at the NMTA observed trials competition, with easy access to great food and beverages at Sipapu Lodge.
- 2 great days of observed trials motorcycle competition at the Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort—(Saturday-Sunday)
· Registration for this event includes a dinner Saturday night, an event T-shirt, sticker, and a chance at raffle prizes. (we’ll have some good swag for you!)
- A chance to make new friends, catch up with long-time friends, and support New Mexico trials & dual sport motorcycling.
· Check out NMOHVA at www.nmohva.org, Sipapu at www.sipapunm.com,and the NMTA at www.newmexicotrials.com.
If you wish to participate in the NMTA trials event, or assist as a volunteer spotter, please contact NMTA at www.newmexicotrials.com
We will be posting additional thread updates over the next few days with more details----Hope to see you there !
- This is a fund-raising event. All funds above event costs will go directly to NMOHVA's Access Defense Fund. Lend your support to the ongoing battle that NMOHVA is fighting on our behalf to maintain/preserve our motorized access to public lands in New Mexico
-Baja survivor NMOHVA/COHVCO/BRC/AMA/USA-ALL
I'm not a Gynecologist... But I'll have a Look...
2007 Suzuki WeeStrom/2006 KTM450EXC/2001 Honda XR650L/2001 Sherco 290