View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #140
joefromsf OP
Dark Happens

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC Rider View Post
I sure your buddy Darrel regaled you with exactly what to expect from the TAT post Eagle Canyon, but having been there myself, I know that it's no joke. So your decision not to tackle it at that moment in time, given your condition and that of your bike, was the right one.

So, are you planning on getting back on the TAT and completing the crossing some time this year!?
Yeah, Darrell told me it felt harder. He said whenever Sam had a choice between a dirt road and a goat path, he seemed to pick the goat path.

I do want to go back and complete the TAT, probably picking up the trail in Moab. I did the Eastern TAT solo on my wee-strom in 2009 and purposefully bought the DR650 for the Western TAT. That said, it won't happen in 2013. Stuff to do at home this year and need to rebuild trust in the DR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMuck View Post
P.S. If you have a chance to comment on the gear you were wearing, that would be swell. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
BTW... Joe... can you tell us... what were you wearing in the way of gear? Specifically, did you have any body armor on other than what was built into your jacket?

Rob
Arai XD3 helmet. BMW Rallye gloves. BMW Rallye 2 jacket with standard back, shoulder and elbow pads. Klim Dakar pants with upgraded hip and knee pads. Sidi Crossfire boots. No pressure suit / chest protector type armor.
joefromsf is offline   Reply With Quote