View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #2046
Chuffa
TR650 Terra

Oddometer: 145
We had a holiday long weekend so I took the Terra into the southwest of my state. I'm not sure how far it was but I would guess around 2k km's all told.

After a comfortable few hours on the highway I reached the south west coast I used to regularly visit during my youth. The surf breaks around this region are some of the best coastal breaks in the country. I spent the afternoon visiting surf breaks. Unfortunately it was pancake flat.

I then met up with some mates & we headed further east down the coast. Plenty of dirt roads in between us and our destination with some fantastic scenery too. Winding forest roads - awesome!

I was extremely cautious with the Terra for the 1st day of dirt roads. It's new. I love it. I didn't want to kill it. Plus I was only carrying a basic supply of tools. Wherever the Terra felt a bit loose, it was the same spots as the guys on the KTM's felt it too. Cool - it's not just the Terra then.

The next day & more dirt roads and perhaps a better feel for the bike. More speed! This bike just eats the miles. I didn't expect to love it on the dirt as much as I do.

Two more days of blacktop riding with other friends and I was home again. Tired for sure but with one big smile on my face. Mates, bikes, whiskey & conversation .

I totally love this bike. Comfort on the blacktop & comfort on the pea gravel. Next is to put some knobblies on it and some crash bars and take it deeper into the bush.
Chuffa is online now   Reply With Quote