View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #119
bogey78
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
+1 to what TowPro said.

If your SMH10 is updated to v4.0 or later, you have have 3 BT pairings available. Basically the main pairing which is both HFP & A2DP which is generally how any smart cell phone pairs to your SMH10 and probably how its paired now since you have and Android. The 3rd pairing is called a "multi-point" pairing and allows a 2nd HFP connection. In this case, that will be how you pair the SR10 to the SMH10 and not disconnect your phone. If you read the V4.0 SMH10 manual, you'll see the "multi-point" pairing is done a bit different from the phone pairing.

So once that is complete, hook your CB to your SR10 (via a cable) and you'll have full access to your CB via the SMH10/SR10 and you'll still have phone, music, & GPS through your phone as you do now.

Make sure you read the SR10 manual, as there are a few tricks. For example you can set the "standby" time on the SR10 that it leaves the audio channel open from the CB. You can also double tap the PTT button to manually leave the SR10 audio open. When audio comes in from the SR10, your music will be paused, however if you are in an intercom conversation or phone conversation, the audio from the SR10 is mixed in.

You are correct there is a 2nd BT pairing on the SR10 available and you can actually use that for another cell phone. I do that sometimes with my work cell phone. There's also 2 "audio in" ports on the SR10 also for other devices like an actual GPS, radar detector, hard wired phone, etc.
Thanks so much for the help. I read thru the manual (duh, probably should have done that first) and found the bit about multipoint pairing. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it. BTW, I just registered my SMH10 and updated to Firmware Ver. 4.1, I already had 4.0 so the multipoint pairing was already available, I just didn't read enough to find it in the manual.
IBA#33560
bogey78 is offline   Reply With Quote