View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #34
CaptnJim OP
Scootist

Oddometer: 948
We picked up the new scooters today. The dealer is about 40 minutes (if traffic is flowing well on the Interstate) away, so instead of making two trips, we picked up a U-Haul trailer on the way there and got the bikes back in one trip. We did pick up new helmets, and got some time on the scooters this afternoon.

On a guitar forum where I participate, someone recently said, "You can't be sad when you're playing a ukulele." Apparently, the same thing can be said about riding a scooter! After 4 1/2 decades of riding motorcycles, my left hand and both feet felt like they weren't doing their part in this ride. But, we both had big ol' smiles on our face. Not the "flatten-your-eyeballs" kind of acceleration of some bikes, but these things are peppy... and fun!

We got used to the feel of the bikes and the controls on some back roads instead of mixing it up with city traffic. We took turns in the lead. Yep, I think we're going to enjoy this next chapter.

We are in the desert (Phoenix area) to visit with our daughter and son-in-law. We are in an RV resort not far from their home... we enjoyed the ride there. Showed off the new scooters. After a nice meal out, rode back to our place in the dark. Yep - fun!

Best wishes,
Captain Jim

CaptnJim is offline   Reply With Quote