View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #37
ysr612
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post
When 4 wheelers started to get popular it was the beginning of the end for trail riding in Kentucky.
I'm glad I got to experience the good times before the quads came and tore things up to the point where the tree-huggers got together with the Forestry guys and threw everyone except hikers and horse riders out of 90% of the places and trails we rode before.
We used to ride some beautiful single track . I remember riding with 8-9 others and after we passed it was hard to tell we'd been some places. In the fall you would just see some leaves flipped over. Of course climbing hills left tracks but, what the bikes did was minor compared to the quad invasion.
In a few years ,after public meetings where riders were far the minority next to Heartwood and other groups , most of the trails were closed to motor powered anything. What was left to legally ride was widened to 4 feet and graveled. Not much like it was before.
talk about destroying a trail; horses are about the worst thing that can happen. Well maybe a full cattle drive would be worse.
ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote