View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #78
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,413
Well, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (and ADHD) got the better of me, last night. Plus, patience is not one of my strong points.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a very close friend who owns a machine shop. As y'all know, he offered to square-away the inner radiuses of the dropouts for me.

Well, I couldn't wait any longer. So, last night, I broke-out the trusty rotary toolset that my Father gave to me. (Yikes!!! )

Here are the results...

Before

After

Before

After

When I was done, I slid the Helix BMX dropout savers into each dropout. To me, the fit was great: not too tight, not too loose.

I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Are they perfect? No. However, I'd be willing to bet that I'm within .0030" of the mill, for about 80% of the surface that was touched by my not-so-steady hand.

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote