View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #16055
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubRsidedown View Post
REALLY like these photos!!!

They'd be better if I had a real camera. I've been using a Casio Commando on my trips and a beat up old Kodak Sport because they are water proof. The kodak is one finger and hangs around my neck for on the fly shots, both 5mp.

Thanks, I so very much want to go back there. Those were taken on the Edgerton Hwy a couple hours or so out of Valdez, Alaska. It's a dead end road but worth it.

I'm looking to finally get a real travel camera that can live in bad weather, preferably a Pentax WG-2 with GPS. The nice thing about using the Casio is the photos can be geo-tagged so if I forget where I took it, I can get the coordinates from within. You have to go to the source of the photo, you can't download the ones above, but if you go to the photo where it is linked from like on my photobucket, download to your desktop or where ever, you can right click the photo and browse the properties to get a GPS coordinate of where it was taken. Some times it is pretty accurate but sometimes off a hundred feet or so.

BE CAREFUL when photographing children and things you don't want stolen with the GPS in your phone or camera turned on, the location will no longer be a secret. Downloading from Advrider seems to strip personal data from the files.

End of the road, Kennecott Copper Mine (taken at midnight)

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote