Old 03-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #7160
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromsf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
you can't insert via points in uploaded routes. If you do, it wipes out all the other via points except the destination. Also, one can't edit an uploaded route.

Just this past 4 days i got lots of practice with this while riding in a rally.

Tim in burien, wa
are you serious? I'm a "route" person and this was a common use case for me using my 276c.
I'm new to routes but have been playing with them in my cage and if I understand you correctly I do think there is at least one way to do what you describe. Of course there may be others but this works for me:

There are 2 keys:
You have to use the Route Planner app itself to edit the route. (Whether you are actively navigating the route or not).
AND
You have to set the Activity Profile of the route to DIRECT in BaseCamp when you transfer it to the Montana.

At least that worked for me. Transfer a Direct route to the Montana then navigate it in an autorouting profile (like Automobile). Then you MUST go into Route Planner then select the route by name. This will bring up the options page (note for a Direct Route you can also select "Reverse Route", kindof handy).
When you select Edit Route then you see the Via Points and Waypoints currently in the route to choose from. Pick one then on the next page you can pick Insert to insert an item before it, for example.

In my experience this simply inserts the new item and does not affect any of the already existing items.

Here is a set of examples from the Montana Wiki that has a series of waypoints for a route:

Route Planner

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote