View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #11
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre O`Bollox View Post
On a slightly different note:
(discounting the possible safety issue while being connected to the bike with a cable)

Has anyone used their helmet mounted GP in a skeleton case on a dry day while riding (touring) and hooked the GP up to a USB power source on the bike using lets say a $2 10ft spiral USB A - USB B cable to give a virtually unlimited power source to the GP while in use. negating the need to stop & swop out GP batteries. As I`m considering this idea, especially as I already have comms cable connecting me to the bike, and maybe the power cable for the gerbing if req`d

discuss .......
If you read some of the posts from the GoPro forums they aren't having good luck using the GoPro in record mode while running off the USB cable. It's fine for playback running off USB. I'm going to sacrifice (take apart) a battery so I can connect wires to it internally, leave the metal back off the cam and run the wires out the back of the openings in the non-waterproof case cover, whan I can get around to it. Too many projects, not enough time.
Here's a recent ride shot mostly with the H3 @ 1080/60, still working on the settings to get rid of the jello effect from stabilization.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote