View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #22
svs OP
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 23,616
Pulled the motor Saturday and took it to Jeff at Pierside Parts. He's the manager and helping with parts, build ideas and assembly of the long block.

RIMCO will be doing the machining as needed. Jeff kept a credit on the books for me from July 2011. I bought an EMPI 30 PICT-1 from him and when installed it leaked fuel at the throttle shaft. Build quality with Empi carbs are suspect, he knew this returned the Carb. When I returned the Carb I told him the motor was coming apart and I was going to rebuild but it would be a year at least till I wanted to return to the project.

He said he'd keep the credit on the books and come back when ready. Well sure as shit he was true to his word and I have $200 credit going into the $2500 I'm starting with... I mentioned the 1915 with single port heads and 30 PICT and he said nope, others in the shop agreed also not the way to go..

Told him I wanted a single carb set up for a variety of reasons. He asked If I had interest in Fuel Injection?

Said the kits are complete and it can be run with a single center throttle body. He knows the supplier and the kit is built to conform to the motor specs after we determine that... An interesting idea I'm entertaining. Need to learn more.

Pic of a lonely trans in need of cleaning, new motor mounts and a rebuilt motor bolted up....