View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #64
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by macintosh View Post
Dit not really know where to put it, "tent space" seemed kind of logical

As smartphones are becoming so widespread (aren't they already?) it could be useful to develop app for tent space (It could be really a part of Motorcycle traveller app toolbox idea I'm working with). In this case its very easy to keep database up to date as all you have to do is install app, fill up couple of fields and post it. After that it will remind you once a year to update. If there is no confirmation place is put to hold. All info will be available from smartphone app (Android for starters) and from PC.

What you think, has that idea some kind of future?
Just saw this now.

You have a great idea. We're already doing that manually. It's my view that the intent of the Tent Space is to facilitate getting fellow riders together for social exchange. Automating that exchange by smartphone and computer programs is contrary to that intent.

We do check each Tent Space each year. We do that by sending a personal private message to each person on the list. The person has to personally respond.

Perhaps in the future something could be implemented, but for the moment, I think we have the best method.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is online now   Reply With Quote