View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #16917
HuskyDu
Brit Biker

Oddometer: 21
I haven't posted here in a looong time, but I sold my Husqvarna TE610 a while back and found my self lusting after another push-button bike to keep me on the road when my vintage bikes are down. Since I already have a garage full of 40's to 60's Triumphs, (and a rigid Panhead that doesn't do so well in the dirt) I figured the next logical step would be a modern Triumph. I read all the reviews and hundreds of pages of this thread, and after talking to my brother who owns an '06 Bonneville that he beats the holy hell out of, I decided to go with a gloss black Scrambler. Almost 500 miles on it in now, and my only regret is not buying it sooner. This might just be the most fun I've had on two wheels (except for a paraplegic ex-model I met a while ago but thats a whole 'nother story...)

Anyways, made a few mods as soon as I got it home and have plenty more planned. I went with the solo seat with rack to increase gluteal comfort on long rides, but the rack sucks- I may fab something up that's more usable.

The stock scrambler bars only feel good when standing up on the pegs, so I nabbed some LSL Flat Track Bars. I then de-baffled the pipes by trimming about an 1/8" off the tip and removing the perforated disc and restrictor tube. Yanked the intake snorkel, then added a K&N. I honestly can't tell the difference with the K&N and just the de-snorkeling, so you may want to save your money.

I'm planning on adding a 7" headlight because this 5 3/4" light is a dangerous joke, and some smaller/brighter signals and taillight since the big chrome ones don't suit the baike as well as they could. Also going to upgrade the tires, rear shocks and the pipe eventually. Going to give the Mefo Explorers a try unless someone can convince why I shouldn't. I'm thinking about getting the $299 Hagon rear shocks with adjustable pre-load and the Mass Moto Mojave pipes because I fckn love the way they look and sound. I imagine they would free up a little power too- can anyone share any experience with any of those items? Thanks in advance, Pete

HuskyDu screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 09:26 PM
HuskyDu is offline   Reply With Quote