View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #87
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT DAMN! View Post
I remember we were at our local outlaw bmx track one day (circa 1985)when some kid named Isaac was emulating the rider in the above pic. Upon landing he screamed and we noticed there were bones sticking out of his lower leg. Pretty soon an ambulance showed up and carted him away. The next day the cops shut down our riding area... permanently. It was a damn shame because it really was a killer place to ride with whoops, bowls, jumps, a downhill, etc. We had nowhere else to ride BMX in our medium sized town, at least not within riding distance of home, since we all rode there in just a t-shirt and shorts. I think most of us switched over to skate boards at that point.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote