View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #971
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheller View Post
The right side mirror I cracked the glass a little after picking the pick up. It fell onto its side offroad. The left side mirror was actually adjusted by the ground a bit, but I moved it to the location shown in the picture because I did not want it to be smashed and busted if I dropped the Tiger again on that hill. I loosened the controls so that I can move them by hand (still takes some doing, they don't just flop around). I saw some of these http://www.amazon.com/Emgo-20-64580-.../dp/B002305A1E mirrors at the local dealer and am considering putting them on the Tiger as they fold inwards.

I have dropped the Tiger on the right side since cracking the mirror and it has not gotten any worse, surprisingly. If I were to do it again I would just take them off and put the EMGO mirrors on from the start.
Those mirrors are shit - I had some on my XR and one just disintegrated. They also don't fold - well they do if they are loose enough but then they just flop around.

There was (is ?) a guy in Vendors selling some folding mirrors with extra long stalks so you really get a good view behind you but they then just fold out the way when you hit dirt.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is online now   Reply With Quote