View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #1285
Fat Bear
Iron Butt #48477

Oddometer: 41
Hi Kedgi

Greetings from Ottawa. After a long cold winter of hibernating from my bike and all motorcycle websites, I opened my favourite motorcycle bookmarks about a week ago. The temp here at that time was a balmy +7C so I had misplaced thoughts of riding in the near future. This morning it was -19C with the windchill - the depression resumes.

When I saw the title of your post, I was instantly hooked because my family is from NS. I could hardly put the iPad down until I'd read every single post. What a fantastic journey and what an incredible storyteller you are! My regret is that I hadn't seen the story earlier so that I could have corresponded with you while you were on your adventure. I've since read your TL story as well.

In addition to truly "putting a face on" all of the people that you've met and the places that you're been, you've provided a wealth of information for folks like me who have dreams of doing both SA and the TL. I'm due for a trip home to see Mom so I'll probably combine that with a TL adventure over the summer.

Congratulations on persevering through some huge challenges and for being so diligent and frank with your commentary. I salute you!

Steve
Fat Bear is offline   Reply With Quote