View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 02:43 AM   #1286
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWolf1 View Post
Greetings from Ottawa. After a long cold winter of hibernating from my bike and all motorcycle websites, I opened my favourite motorcycle bookmarks about a week ago. The temp here at that time was a balmy +7C so I had misplaced thoughts of riding in the near future. This morning it was -19C with the windchill - the depression resumes.

When I saw the title of your post, I was instantly hooked because my family is from NS. I could hardly put the iPad down until I'd read every single post. What a fantastic journey and what an incredible storyteller you are! My regret is that I hadn't seen the story earlier so that I could have corresponded with you while you were on your adventure. I've since read your TL story as well.

In addition to truly "putting a face on" all of the people that you've met and the places that you're been, you've provided a wealth of information for folks like me who have dreams of doing both SA and the TL. I'm due for a trip home to see Mom so I'll probably combine that with a TL adventure over the summer.

Congratulations on persevering through some huge challenges and for being so diligent and frank with your commentary. I salute you!

Steve
Steve

I'm glad you found my post and thanks for your kind words. If you pass by Shediac, we'll have to have a beer together.

For me the ride is so much more than just riding the bike. It is all the wonderful places you see but it's also all the great people you meet.

I just can't believe how lucky I was to have met so many wonderful friends.

Kedgi
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote