View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #97
Mat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
53 and rain here this morning. I have no worries about getting wet with a well cared for Aerostich kit and I change my shield out to a pinlock to keep the fogging down. The pinlock works superbly.

That being said, I wear glasses most of the time, and although my shield may not fog, my glasses will. The Shoei Multitech has a lever which can either lock the shield down or crack it a bit. This feature is invaluable. My chin vent is always open, even last Friday when it was 25 on the way in to work. Without that vent open there wasn't a hope in hell of keeping my shield clear.

I suppose there is a different riding position which will cause the shield to open unintentionally, but none of the bikes I ride fit into this category. I have never used the shield lock feature but I use the shield crack open a bit feature a lot in spring/fall.
You need contact lenses (if that works for you), to eliminate the glasses fogging up, plus a face mask directing your breath out of the helmet. There are several, I use the large one from Shoei.

That mask also helps somewhat for the glasses.