View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #408
victor441
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
I will say this:

I have a 06 I purchased new it now has 22,000 Miles on it, and has been the most rock solid bike I own. I had a radiator cap go bad and caused some over heating (boiling) easy fix at any automotive store. one headlight bulb burn out at 16K again easy fix and recommend doing both if your doing it.

The overflow tank had a connector break this to was an easy fix at the local ACE store. Oil change is easy-peasy straight forward, oil filters I use is a PH6017A and I have been running Rotella T6 5w40 both easily available at Walmart. (can do a quick change on the road in the Wally parking lot, and the automotive department may loan you a pan and dispose of the oil.

snip

As for what to look for; the standard condition of the drive line, and aesthetics etc.

Good luck!

A very underrated Motorcycle, I just do not understand why it's not more popular, That said, the Tiger 800 is selling like hot cakes out here..

I have a 2006 and love it too but wanted to comment on the radiator cap. From what I've read the Stant cap that was once recommended and is commonly stocked in auto parts stores has been changed and no longer fits right. Another old thread recommended a Subaru cap and I bought one from a dealer recently and it works fine and was only $10, the Subaru PN is 45137AE00B There is more info on all this at http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830264
victor441 is offline   Reply With Quote