View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #614
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheHog View Post
WAWC - Thanks. I'll check em out. For the tank, I had originally planned to have an aluminum tank made and have been on Evan Wilcox's wait list for more than a year. Finally my time came a week ago and now the tank i designed is being fabricated by Evan. He most certainly will do a nice job and improve on the design with his expertise. This aluminum tank will be offered in "very" limited production. Quantity per year is still TBD, but probably less than a handful and are slated for the bikes i plan to build.

For the production, I still plan to do the plastic XLPE version, but need to firm up the supplier. The goal/plan is that a known tank mfgr will produce it and I'll sell them thru CDS initially. Price for those should be very affordable. Sorry this is lagging, but im working on it. We were supposed to start in March, but it has been postponed for numerous reasons. Start date is still TBD.
No apology needed at all. I'd be more interested in aluminum if it is reasonable and I would prefer to do the painting myself.. if that's OK! If so, do put me on the list and PM me when it's time. I haven't got to my fuel tank plan just yet so it is very possible I'll just get one from you if you will make an expectation. If not, it's ok! I've not ride on a bike since before Christmas and I am really READY to ride again soon so I wanna get moving! LOL!
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote