View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #2126
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,237
I spent a little time at a BMW (only) dealer yesterday. The Husky was the main attraction from the moment I pulled up. Everyone at the dealership came out and looked and chatted. I really just wanted to look at a used 650gs for my wife.

Then the owner came out and we talked bikes for about an hour. A good dude who cut his teeth racing Husky's and Triumphs in the 60's. We talked about my choice, and the comparison to the Sertao. He said " the great thing about the TR is the price point and the off road capability. The Sertao can do off road, and it does have more suspension travel, but it really is an on road oriented mile eating machine that looks off road worthy. That Husky captures the essence of a 50/50 dual sport perfectly, and can definitely go more places than the Sertao."

Well, that about sums up why I bought it too. The Sertao just seemed a little quirky and more expensive. Not a bad bike by any means, but I felt confident in my ability to take the TR anywhere. I just found it interesting that a BMW dealer said that.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote